HELP WANTED – PART TIME FINANCE MANAGER WITH QUICKBOOKS EXPERIENCE
The Garfield Center for the Arts at the Prince Theatre, in historic Chestertown, Maryland, is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Arts and Entertainment venue which produces its own slate of theatrical productions while booking local, regional and national music acts and education events for stage presentation.
The Garfield Center is seeking a part-time Finance Manager to assist in the administration of the organization. Strong knowledge and experience in Quickbooks is required.
- Pays bills and makes deposits using both traditional QuickBooks expense and revenue categories along with production and/or program class designations.
- Oversees payroll for all employees via ADP.
- Maintains financial records by establishing accounts, posting transactions, ensuring legal requirements compliance, etc.
- Works with the Board Treasurer and Executive Director to develop proper accounting rules for financial transactions, and defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Able to complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Knowledge of proper accounting to make general journal entries as necessary.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The days and times of weekly office hours are negotiable, but job candidates should be available to put in between 15 to 25 weekly hours. Some work from home opportunities are likely throughout the continuing pandemic. Pay rate is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- QuickBooks Accounting Data Entry Skills
- Developing Standards Analyzing Information Attention to Detail
- Report Research Results Confidentiality and Thoroughness
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Steven Arnold, Executive Director, at email@example.com.