Help keep the arts alive! Consider purchasing a Garfield Center Gift Certificate for a future performance!
Limited to 4 per person. Thank you for your continued support!
Or make a donation today by clicking on the PayPal button below or print out and complete our DONATION FORM.
There is a moment…just before the stage lights open on a fresh set.
The house is dim and hushed. A seat shuffles as you inhale. The air is electric. Do you know it? It pulses backstage as hearts flutter and palms sweat. It buzzes through the audience as world worries fade and time stops. In that instant, whether onstage or watching it, you know in your bones that you’re part of something exhilarating and important. And just as the feeling is about to pass, the lights come up and the show begins.
At the Garfield Center for the Arts, these moments are at the heart of everything we do. We strive tirelessly to nurture, celebrate and support our community’s arts and artists. It’s tough but rewarding work – and we couldn’t do it without you.
Did you know that ticket sales only account for about 13% of the cost of keeping our doors open? We rely on additional support from you, our generous community. You know, as we do, that the arts give life depth and meaning. Yet, you’ve no doubt noticed that the arts are less accessible to our children, less touted in our society, and less important to our policy makers. Please consider making a gift to the Garfield today to ensure that at least in Chestertown, the arts will always have a home.
Through the arts, we come together to wrestle with big questions, to understand the human condition, to expand our worldview. Your support enables us to create opportunities for just such connection all year long. Help us continue to be your theater, and together we’ll create many more moments to reconnect with what matters most.
GCA Board President
P.S. – Your gift, large or small, is deeply appreciated and will help more people of all different ages and backgrounds experience the magic of theatre at the Garfield. Thank you.
Make a donation today by clicking on the PayPal button below or print out and complete our DONATION FORM.
There are many ways you or your business can help our organization continue to provide outstanding programming to our community –
- Volunteer – we are always looking for volunteers both on and off stage. Visit our Volunteer page to find out more.
- Donations – ticket sales only cover about 25% of the Garfield Center for the Arts’ operating costs we rely on your donations to help with supporting General Operations all year round. General Operations include salary support, utility bills, office supplies
- Amazon Smile – use this link to make the Garfield your Amazon Smile non-profit organization!
- Facebook Fundraiser – use this link to start your own fundraiser on Facebook for the Garfield! https://fb.com/fund/garfieldcenterforthearts/
Sponsorship Opportunities – we are always looking for sponsors for our events. Visit our Sponsorship page or call 410.810.2060 to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
- Playmakers Scholarships -There are many children in our community who would like to participate in Playmakers’ Summer Camp, but cannot afford to do so. For $500 you can sponsor a Playmaker for the entire summer camp experience! Donations for partial scholarships are also encouraged.
- Program Book Ads – there are many opportunities throughout the year to place an ad in our program books and we offer ad sizes for every budget. Visit our Program Book Ads page for more information.
Please take a minute to complete our form below and someone from our organization will be in touch. Thank you!