website builder JOB DESCRIPTION: The Development Director at the Garfield Center for the Arts oversees all aspects of fundraising for the theater. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director, and its hours and schedule may occasionally vary based on meetings, grant due dates and special events. Occasional weekend work may be required.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Grant Writing
- Research donation programs and opportunities available through local, state and federal programs
- Write and submit grant proposals
- Fulfill reporting requirements of grant giving organizations
- Donor and Sponsor Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship
- Develop and organize all aspects of the theatre’s fundraising programs
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and implement strategies to foster positive relationships
- Establish and maintain friendly business communications with donors and sponsors
- Plan and execute community outreach, community partner, and other special events
- Work in conjunction with marketing contractor to create and disseminate outreach materials, including an e-newsletter and the annual theatre playbill
- Database Management
- Maintain donor profiles and track donor communications and meetings in the theatre’s ticketing and donor database
- Track donations and analyze data
- Project Administration with Youth Education Programs
- Assist in maintenance of Playmakers and other annual youth programs
- Help develop new youth programs.
- 3 years of fundraising or administrative experience
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent technology skills, including a working knowledge of G Suite and/or Microsoft Suite
- Experience using a CRM database preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
The position is open and available for immediate employment. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and at least three references before Monday, October 17, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you prefer to mail it, send to Steven Arnold, Executive Director, Garfield Center for the Arts, 210 High Street, Chestertown, MD 21620.