Job Description: The Educational Coordinator and Production Assistant at the Garfield Center for the Arts is responsible for coordinating successful Educational Programs, and assisting the Theatre Manager with tasks to keep the theater running smoothly. This is a part-time position, totaling on average around 15 to 25 hours per week. The schedule may vary weekly based on meetings, performances and events. Some weekend work may be required.
Reports To: The Theater Manager for Production Assistant duties; the Executive Director for Educational Coordinator duties.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Educational Coordinator Duties
- In coordination with the Executive Director, plan, develop a timeline for, and assist in the execution of in-house educational programs, including Playmakers, MusicMakers and YouthSTAGES, for continued success and future growth.
- Maintain a master list of school and community contacts for outreach and in-house school-offered programs.
- Communicate program enrollment and application processes, participant information and program specifics to the Executive Director to coordinate program press releases and social media posts.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director to ensure gathering of appropriate information to secure and/or share information with potential or actual grantors.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, design scholarship nomination and application forms for corresponding Educational Programs.
Production Assistant Duties
- Perform minor facility maintenance as determined by the Theatre Manager.
- Assist with stage-use events (such as scenic construction and breakdown support, sourcing materials, etc.).
- Oversee stocking bathrooms, concessions, trash and recycling management.
- Oversee the organization of the props/costumes storage space.
- Assist Theater Manager with special projects, as needed.
Send your current resume with three references to Garfield Center for the Arts’ Executive Director Steven Arnold at email@example.com or mail to Garfield Center for the Arts, Attn: Steven Arnold, PO Box 37, Chestertown, MD 21620. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.