- This event has passed.
Short Attention Span Theatre
September 27, 2015 @ 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
SAST MOVES TO FALL!
Sep 18-20 + Sep 25-27
Producers: Mark Sullivan & Diane Landskroener
Short Attention Span Theatre moves to the Fall! Join us for an engaging evening of 10-minute plays, designed to hold your attention for just. long. enough. The Play Fest will showcase a range of actors, directors and authors – including original works by local playwrights!
2015 Announcement of Plays, Directors & Actors:
The locally-written works selected for this year’s production are:
• Wishgranting 101 by Paul Briggs of Chestertown (who currently resides in Easton, Maryland), directed by Keith Thompson;
• DMV Anonymous by Tia Glomb of Betterton, Maryland, directed by Tim Maloney;
• Bride’s Dread Revisited, by Earl Lewin of Chestertown, directed by Tia Glomb; and
• The Envelope, written and directed by Mark Sullivan of Worton, Maryland.
All of this year’s selected playwrights are members of the Garfield’s Live Playwrights’ Society, a group that meets monthly with the goal of fostering a community of playwrights, actors and critics, but the competition is open to all aspiring playwrights in the area.
Published plays rounding out the evening are:
• Funeral Parlor by Christopher Durang, directed by Hester Sachse;
• Nothing by Philip Dawkins, directed by Diane Landskroener;
• A Scary Question by Wayne Rawley, directed by Sarah Crump; and
• There Shall Be No Bottom: A Bad Play for Worse Actors by Mark O’Donnell, directed by Jim Landskroener.
Featured actors in this year’s play fest are:
Jen Friedman and Diane Landskroener in Funeral Parlor; Brad Chaires, Carl Combs, Sarah Crump, Rachel Goss and Carol Niemand in DMV Anonymous; Erica Combs and Bailey Messick in A Scary Question; Audrey Betley, Bryan Betley, Catherine Bushby, Zach Goss, Jim Landskroener, John Mann, Robert Note, Claire O’Brien, Kirby Powell and Connor Quigg in Nothing; Brad Chaires, Jen Friedman and Melissa McGlynn in The Envelope; Bryan Betley, Howard Mesick, Amanda Fry and Kirby Powell in Wishgranting 101; John Mann and Hester Sachse in Bride’s Dread Revisited; and Jim Landskroener, Melissa McGlynn, Howard Mesick and Kirby Powell in There Shall Be No Bottom.