THE GARFIELD CENTER ANNOUNCES ‘GCTV PUBLIC ACCESS’ FOR PERFORMERS OF ALL VARIETIES!
The Garfield Center for the Arts is excited to announce the start of a regularly planned part of its GCTV online presentations: GCTV Public Access. Once a month, GCTV will dedicate one of its Wednesday night Facebook streams to content completely supplied by contributing and participating talent. Anyone, near or far, who wants to help us in our efforts to keep our community connected, engaged and entertained is qualified to participate in these performance events.
TYPES OF PERFORMANCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Family-friendly performances
- Performed instrumental music (with or without vocals)
- Solo singing vocal performances (duets only if you’re isolating with someone you want to perform with)
- Dramatic/Theatrical monologues
- Standup Comedy
- Poetry or Spoken Word Poetry
- Any other performance style/type not mentioned above will also be given consideration
- Your performance must be newly-created content made specifically for this presentation (in other words, you may NOT submit videos of old performances)
We are very aware and respectful of current regulations regarding isolating, social distancing and non-congregation. For those reasons, we will not accept any video submissions in which these regulations are not being followed.
We will have between 10 and 15 slots to fill each time we put up a new GCTV Public Access installment, so we will accept submission ideas on a first-come, first-secured basis until all slots are filled for the most immediate GCTV Public Access night (but we would encourage you to keep submitting proposals and videos for later GCTVPA dates).
The process of performing on our GCTVPA nights is simple. You will first send us a proposal, via email, for consideration. If your proposal is accepted, we will let you know in our response. Video guidelines, upload information and a deadline date for your video submission will be given with our response email.
SUBMITTING YOUR PROPOSAL: Emailed proposals should include the following:
- Your name, age and where you live.
- A general description of the presentation you plan to put together. The description should include the name of the song, music, published work or title of whatever you will be specifically presenting.
- An estimate of the performance time of the video you will put together.
- A SPECIFIC GOAL DATE FOR WHEN THE VIDEO WILL BE COMPLETE AND READY TO BE UPLOADED TO US (very important).
If you successfully submit for an open slot, you will be notified that your slot is secure and you will receive info on how and when to upload your video.
To submit your proposal, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to include the information directly above to be considered. REMEMBER, FIRST-COME, FIRST-REGISTERED UNTIL SLOTS ARE FULL.
We look forward to seeing how you want to entertain our community and thank you for your interest in getting involved with GCTV!