It’s that time of year again! The Garfield Center for the Arts at the Prince Theatre is embarking on the exciting annual adventure in theatre known as “Short Attention Span Theatre”. For those not in the know, that’s our annual 10-minute play festival. Performance dates are July 23-25 and July 30-Aug 1.
This year we may produce SAST outdoors. This will be a first for us. Being outdoors will be a new challenge for us, and we may decide to select scripts with this in mind. Scripts with less complicated set and costume requirements may fare better this year.
Of course, if things are miraculously better by late July and we are able to produce SAST on our stage, we may do that instead.
We are seeking scripts for 10-minute plays.
- Non-LPS (Live Playwrights’ Society (https://liveplaywrightssociety.org/) members may submit up to three 10-minute plays.
- LPS members may submit up to five 10-minute plays.
- Please include a cover sheet with your contact information (email, phone, mobile).
- We anonymize submitted scripts before they are read by our panel of judges, so please refrain from putting your name anywhere except the cover sheet. (Seriously, please don’t make our anonymizer’s job any harder — thanks!)
- Please send your scripts in PDF format.
- Your play will fare better if it is well formatted. Look for links on the Live Playwrights’ Society (https://liveplaywrightssociety.org/) site for tips on formatting.
- Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm Friday, May 7, 2021.
Here is our play selection process:
- Submissions are anonymized and then read by our panel of judges.
- Our panel of judges selects a number of submitted plays which are then offered to our group of directors.
- You can see which plays made it through to directors on the SAST info page:https://www.garfieldcenter.org/sast/ (click Playwright)
- Our directors select from this list (in addition to a list of published plays).
- We will announce our final selections by July 1st.
Good luck & get to typing