Purchase a sponsorship during Garfield Center for the Arts’ Short Attention Span Theatre playfest for only $10 and you’ll see your name or a special message (keep it clean, folks!) projected on stage during intermission at all 9 SAST performances AND listed in the program booklet (if you choose). Businesses can purchase a sponsorship and include name, logo, and/or a message for $25. All sponsorship entries must be received no later than 3 pm on Friday, June 3.
SAST will run June 24 – July 10. The play fest showcases a range of actors, directors and authors–featuring original works by local and regional playwrights. Performances are at 8 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and Saturdays at 2 pm. Tickets are $20, and $10 for students. Plays include some adult content and may not be suitable for children under 14. Purchase your tickets online at www.garfieldcenter.org, call 410.810.2060, or visit the Garfield Box Office at 210 High Street in Chestertown.
Use the form below to submit your entry. You will be prompted upon completion to make your payment.
It’s that time of year again! The Garfield Center for the Arts at the Prince Theatre is embarking on the exciting annual adventure in theatre known as “Short Attention Span Theatre”. For those not in the know, that’s our annual 10-minute play festival. Performance dates are June 24-26, July 1-3 and July 8-10.
We are seeking scripts for 10-minute plays.
* Non-LPS (Live Playwrights’ Society (https://liveplaywrightssociety.org/) members may submit up to three 10-minute plays.
* LPS members may submit up to five 10-minute plays.
* Please include a cover sheet with your contact information (email, phone, mobile).
* We anonymize submitted scripts before they are read by our panel of judges, so please refrain from putting your name anywhere except the cover sheet. (Seriously, please don’t make our anonymizer’s job any harder — thanks!)
* Please send your scripts in PDF format.
* Your play will fare better if it is well formatted. Look for links on the Live Playwrights’ Society (https://liveplaywrightssociety.org/) site for tips on formatting.
* Please email your submissions to email@example.com
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
Here is our play selection process:
- Submissions are anonymized and then read by our panel of judges.
- Our panel of judges selects a number of submitted plays which are then offered to our group of directors.
- You can see which plays made it through to directors on the SAST info page:
https://www.garfieldcenter.org/sast/ (click Playwright)
- Our directors select from this list (in addition to a list of published plays).
- We will announce our final selections by June 1st.
Good luck & get to typing 🙂
SAST 2022 Executive Producer
Stay tuned for more actor updates!